Lead LiDAR Analayst
Job Description: Aero-Graphics, Inc., a leading geospatial services company is currently seeking a fulltime innovative senor LiDAR engineer to help drive our LiDAR processing, Quality Control and development initiatives to meet the growing needs of our client base. The selected candidate will work within a team environment to develop processes and workflows to automate LiDAR production and ensure that LiDAR products meet and exceed our stringent quality assurance standards. Candidates must have flexible schedules and be able to work with little to no supervision to accomplish assigned tasks in a fast paced team environment.
Aero-Graphics is a privately owned Geospatial services business located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The company has been in business since 1965 and has established a reputation for professional, high quality aerial photography, orthorectified imagery, surveying, LiDAR, mapping and GIS services. Aero-Graphics continues to invest heavily in technology and grow with increasing demand for geospatial products and services. Visit www.aero-graphics.com for more information.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Geography, GIS or related discipline or 6 years of relevant work experience (required)
- Strong emphasis on LiDAR data classification and processing (required)
- Skilled use of Microstation/Terrascan, LP360, AutoCAD Civil3D, ArcGIS, and other mapping softwares. (required), GeoCue Production Management software is a plus.
- Must have the desire to learn new technologies, software, hardware, methodologies and assist the LIDAR team to operate at maximum efficiency.
- The successful candidate must work well with others, be team oriented, helpful and a good problem solver.
- Strong commitment to quality, adhere to deadlines and high volume of work.
Basic Duties include but not limited to:
- Project setup
- Lidar flight data processing and calibration
- Lidar Classification and editing
- Generate Lidar rasters and other LIDAR derived products
- Data Quality Control and Assurance (ISO 9001:2015)
- Automate data and production workflows
- Document processes and workflow
- Assess project requirements and lead a team through project completion
- R&D as required
If selected, the candidate will be required to pass a back ground check and a drug screening.
Aero-Graphics provides its employees with a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including a Simple IRA, medical and dental, vacation and paid time off. For consideration, please send a resume to ‘LidarEngineer@Aero-Graphics.com’.
Aero-Graphics may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process.
Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted.
Aero-Graphics is a drug free work place and an Equal Opportunity Employer.