Cartographic/Photogrammetric Mapping Technician
Aero-Graphics, Inc., a leading geospatial services company, seeks a qualified fulltime Mapping Technician for project prep and setup of LiDAR, ortho and topographic stereo projects, stereo compilation and preparing mapping projects for delivery.
Candidates enrolled in or graduated from a program with an AS, AAS, or BS in Surveying/Geomatics, Geography, or GIS preferred.
AutoCAD or ArcGIS experience is also preferred.
- Setup of LiDAR, ortho and topographic stereo mapping projects.
- Collection of data in a 3D stereoscopic environment to edit digital elevation models and planimetric data to client specifications.
- Work under QA/QC (quality assurance and quality control) projects environment
Exporting data to the customers desired file formats.
- Prepare metadata and other documentation.
- Project budget estimating.
- Working with topographic stereo subcontractors to ensure quality standards and schedule are met.
- Keep current on the latest technology, trends and developments in the industry.
Associate Degree in Surveying/Geomatics, GIS, or Geography; or equivalent combination of academic/technical training and experience in field and office surveying and/or GIS.
Attention to detail and an ability to solve problems using the GIS suite of tools.
Strong critical thinking skills
Ability to work well within a team environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If selected, the candidate will be required to pass a back ground check and a drug test.
Aero-Graphics provides its employees with a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including a Simple IRA, medical and dental, vacation and paid time off. For consideration, please send a resume to Kevin Reid, MappingTechJobs@aero-graphics.com. Aero-Graphics may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted.
Aero-Graphics has a drug free work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.